Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Survey: Chat and IM

From: Chris Santerre <csanterre () MerchantsOverseas com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:22:55 -0500

I had kicked around the idea. I wanted to control the IM or chat servers
internally and use encryption. I found a few products that do this, however
they are quite pricey. The ROI just wasn't there. So I dropped the idea for
now and saved headaches for the moment. I didn't find any good GPL product,
but I didn't look that hard.

I would start by really trying to find out what exactly they want to do,
maybe there are alternatives.