Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Kerio Personal Firewall

From: Heilman Sgt Marshall S <HeilmanMS () mfe usmc mil>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:10:57 +0100

        There are actually a number of interesting tools available. Probably
the most popular would be fport from foundstone.com. This tool is incredibly
simple and, in a nutshell, maps services to their ports. If you are looking
for something graphical, try Vision, also from Foundstone. This tool has
some other interesting features though that you may or may not find useful.
        If you are trying to find the open ports on your system, nmap is the
best way to go. Nmap is available in *NIX or M$ flavors (www.insecure.org).
There is also a graphical M$ product called IP-Tools which can work as well
(http://www.ks-soft.net/ip-tools.eng/)

Marshall