Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Kerio Personal Firewall

From: Steve Cooper <steve () nuclear-monkeys co uk>
Date: 19 Nov 2002 22:29:50 +0000

Try looking for some hackers port scanning tools if netstat isn't giving
you as much info as you need. nmap is a really flexible command line
tool for linux and windows you can get it here http://www.insecure.com/
run it in a dos box or a linux shell with the command 'nmap -sT -v -v
localhost' (remove the quotes) to see all ports (with service names)
that are listening. If you don't like command lines then SuperScan fron
http://www.foundstone.com is a good tool for windows. Remember the less
open ports the better.