Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port 3066?

From: ktyler () nautilus-ins com
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:06:30 -0700

Joey,

Download a program called fport, assuming you are running a windows box.
Fport will tell you what program is keeping that port open.

                      "Joey"

                      <josefhuggins@hot        To:       "Security Basics" <security-basics () securityfocus com>

                      mail.com>                cc:

                                               Subject:  Port 3066?

                      11/07/2002 06:01

                      PM

After being port scanned recently I reviewed the ports scanned and 3066
popped up in the list. I've done a bit of looking around on the web and
can't seem to find out anything other than that the port service is called
"NETATTACHSDMP". Can someone please tell me what the heck this port is used
for? Thanks!
-Joey