Security Basics mailing list archives

Permissions

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:13:39 -0800

When I originally started setting up the network at this place I tried giving only the specifice permissions necessary for each program we had installed. (Talking about win2k ACLs here to be specific) After a while it turned into a bit of a nightmare and I basically ended up giving the DOMAIN USERS group write access to Program Files, WINNT, and full control of HKEY Local Machine on Local Machine\Software This seems to work well, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks its an unreasonable amount of permission, and if so, what do they do instead?

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."