Security Basics mailing list archives

need help installing dsniff on Vector Linux

From: Juan Mejia <jmejia () uchile cl>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:48:56 -0300

Hello people,

      I  would  like  to  install  dsniff on an old box running Vector
      Linux  3.0.  Being  a newbie to Linux, all I know is that dsniff
      requires  some  packages.  Ok,  I've managed to find and install
      some of them but some packages have dependencies as well. Also I
      get  compilation errors. Is there anyone out there that can help
      me?  If  possible, could you point me to some place that has all
      the packages and the right versions required by dsniff? Nowadays
      I'm  loading Trinux to use dsniff, but it's rather cumbersome to
      keep  loading  diskettes,  plus  Trinux is not easy to setup for
      remote  controlling either. By the way, I've already googled for
      some  guidance  but 'till now all I've found is instructions for
      some "more advanced audience".

      as usual, thanks, for your help.

--
Best regards,
 Juan                          mailto:jmejia () uchile cl