Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: how to search all machines on a network.

From: "Optrics Engineering - Shaun Sturby, MCSE" <Shaun () Optrics com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:01:03 -0700

Try the 'Ping Sweep', 'Network Sonar' and 'IP Network  Browser' from SolarWinds Engineers Edition. Free download and 30
day eval.
That should give you enough time to Scan or search for all machines on network. They have a whole 'Discovery' category
that can go
into a lot of detail if you have SNMP support available.