Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Incident Response

From: "netsec novice" <netsec9 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:46:36 +0000

By scan I mean trying to ftp, telnet, sunrpc to all of my public addresses sequentially. My general question is just when do I need to do something other than just check my firewall logs for the source address and verify they weren't successful in gaining access anywhere vs. actually reporting an incident.
Thanks for any feedback