Wireshark mailing list archives

Wireshark col_append_sep_str function

From: "Peimann, Jannis" <jannis.peimann () continental-corporation com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 09:21:12 +0000

Hi together,

I want to add information to the Info column for every frame in Wireshark.
This is working fine as long as I only have one PDU in my UDP package.
If I  have more than one PDU, then it overwrites the old Info column string. It is not appending.

This is my function:
if (pdu_description != NULL)
{
col_append_sep_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO, ",", pdu_description);
g_print("Debug Message: frame number [%d] [%s]\n", pinfo->fd->num, pdu_description);/*Debug Console Message */
}

This col_append_sep_str function is from column-utils.c
For example the DEBUG Message is called twice, if I have two PDUs. This is working.

Right now I only have this:
PDU Protocol, Name2
But it should be:
PDU Protocol, Name1, Name2…

I think there is a problem with losing the old frame information, because it is writing again PDU Protocol.
Do you guys know what I’m missing?

Thanks for your help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Jannis Peimann