Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: To display reserved fields or not display reserved fields, that is the question...

From: Kaul <mykaul () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:49:29 +0200

Makes sense, done.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Edwin Groothuis <
Edwin.Groothuis () riverbed com> wrote:

 Hello,

Display it. You are writing a dissector which describes the data seen on
the wire, not one which goes “You are not interested in this”.

Also, if there is something on the screen which says “Reserved” or a
number of bits which say “Not in use” and there is a value in it, then you
know that there has been some update in the protocol and that you need to
update your dissector.

Edwin