WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Cookies as the second factor

From: "Jeff Robertson" <jeff.robertson () digitalinsight com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:01:20 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Barnett [mailto:rcbarnett () gmail com]

I think we are mixing persistent/session cookie concepts
here.  I believe that the scenario that Jeff was trying to
describe (and please correct me Jeff if I am wrong here) is
if you use both a password and a persistent cookie to
initially log into an appliaction and then the app can issue
whatever sesisonid cookies it needs to track the session
state and provide authorization.

Yes, this is the kind of thing I was thinking about.