WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: MYSQL and PHP

From: "Ed J. Aivazian" <stealth () arminco com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:01:40 +0500

Hello John,
If you already did .inc files and the ARE in the document_root of your
filesystem tree and you find it boring to change everything, it's a
good practice to have a .htaccess file shipped with your application
with something like
<Files "*.inc">
        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
</Files>
in it.
The only thing you should worry about in this case is that the
webserver will actually take the .htaccess from your document_root
into account.

--
Best regards,
 Ed                            mailto:stealth () arminco com