WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: MYSQL and PHP

From: r0xes <r0xes.ratm () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:45:59 -0800

no. End them in .php

If someone knows the filename, they could view it.

You could also write an htaccess file to not allow remote users see .inc files.

On 5/15/06, John Madden <chiwawa999 () yahoo com> wrote:
Hi,

First off i'm not a PHP programmer but I would like to
know the following:

Is it standard to use INC files to store MYSQL db
connections settings (username and password)?

What else could you do to make this "safer" ?

I presume Apache looks for files with extention
"*.INC" and does not processes them, right ?

Thanks you

Watchfire named worldwide market share leader in web application security
assessment by leading market research firm. Watchfire's AppScan is the
industry's first and leading web application security testing suite, and
the only solution to provide comprehensive remediation tasks at every
level of the application. See for yourself.
Download a Free Trial of AppScan 6.0 today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscansix.aspx?id=701300000007t9c