WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [SPAM] Re: SF new column announcement: How not to respond to a security advisory

From: Byron Sonne <blsonne () rogers com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:52:19 -0500

First, I will address the Theo de Raadt reality distortion field issue. Theo has a long history of ... um, how to say this politely ... does not suffer fools gladly, and unfortunately he seems to meet a fair few*

Oh, it's not just that... he's rude to people that try and help him too.

A while back there was a link on either the OpenBSD or (un)deadly websites asking for hardware donations. So I clicked the mailto: link and wrote up an email saying much along the lines of "I'm responding to the hardware donation request; I have an HP 712/60 I'd like to donate".

So what happens? I get an email back from Theo himself saying along the lines of "Huh? Why are you bothering me with this?".

This hasn't stopped me from using OpenBSD, I love it, but you gotta wonder when the man at the top acts like this. As unfortunate and subjective as it may be, his rep is not undeserved.