WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: OWASP Top Ten - My Case For Updating It

From: "Jeff Williams" <jeff.williams () owasp org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:35:40 -0400

There's no question that the Top Ten doesn't cover every topic in web application security. That wouldn't make sense for a Top Ten document. Still, you might want to go back and actually check what it does cover, as it clearly covers several of the examples you mention below. The Top Ten is for raising awareness and focusing executives on this aspect of security.

Web app security professionals are much better served by the OWASP Guide (Version 2.0 to be released at Black Hat -- a major rework!) and the OWASP Testing project.

--Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: rajesh dilli