WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: The Original Web Security Mailing List

From: Matthieu Estrade <mestrade () apache org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:04:08 +0100

Arian J. Evans wrote:

I would like to point out that there is an existing list with a large membership
for this topic located at webappsec () securityfocus com.

If you are dealing with application security related compromise issues,
webapp or otherwise, I'd include the sf list at a minimum (in addition to
questions about any of the topics below).

webappsec () securityfocus com is the home of the OWASP (www.owasp.org)
mailing list which addresses the same topics listed below. WASC (below)
is a new organization predominantly organized by web application "security"
product-vendors. The OWASP organization is predominantly organized by
consulting services vendors. Definitely worth utilizing both lists and keeping
in mind potential for bias (e.g.-for or against automated widgets) on both lists.

Since most of this list's traffic is L3/L4 I'm not sure how helpful either list
will be for the Intrusion topic, but if the subject of another Santy type worm
comes up there's peoples on both those lists with strong appsec knowledge.

yeahh you are true, i totally agree with you. There should be only one list, and only one OS, only one web server (i agree only here...) and only one kind of car, and only one way of think...
Is this the OWASP world ?

Think different, think WASC !!

Regards,
Matthieu