WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: How to list all the URLs on a web server

From: "Ofer Shezaf" <Ofer.Shezaf () breach com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:37:27 -0500

There is a good change that they are hard coded on the client side.

As I understand the scenario, the files are either stored permanently or generated on request, and the server sends a
link to the page as part of a web page sent to the user that is supposed to read it.

While the page that contains the link will be dynamically built by the server, in many cases it would contain plain
normal A HREF links when received by the client. In such a case client side code (XSS for example) could get the link
using standard DOM access.

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf
CTO, Breach Security