Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: AlphaNumeric Exploitation Help

From: "Stejerean, Cosmin" <cstejere () cs depaul edu>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:47:04 -0500

Here are some ideas that I have read about but never tested, although they
might be worth exploring.

If you know the offset of your jmp instruction you might be able to get away
with adding or subtracting from it to get the value you need.

You can also try an ASCII shellcode encoder such as the one at
http://www.nologin.net/main.pl?action=codeView&codeId=40&;

Let me know if any of the above work for you.

Cosmin