Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: AlphaNumeric Exploitation Help

From: "KF (lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:31:29 -0400

ramatkal () hotmail com wrote:

I am trying to exploit a vulnerable server which only allows
alphanumeric characters....

I have successfully taken control of EIP and now need to do a JUMP -600
bytes.....

The problem is, that 'eb' and 'e9' are not alphanumeric asci codes and thus cannot be used to do the jumps in the payload....

Anyone got any ideas/tricks/advice on how i can accomplish a JMP -600 bytes, or any type of jump for that matter, only
using alphanumeric chars?

Thanks,
RaMatkal

Let me know if you figure it out... I need to do the same thing to finish up a widcomm exploit I am working on.

I was trying to use Skylined's alpha 2 to encode a 3 byte near jump. I ran into some problems with the decoder. I happen to be limited to 185 bytes in my particular case... you may have other limitations.
-KF