Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

shell script cgi

From: c jones <ojnes33 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:10:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have found the line below in an sh cgi program, and
believe I can pass a command to the shell but can't
seem to get it to work right. No matter what I try as
the HTTP_USER_AGENT it interprets it as a string in
the echo command & I can't get it to break it into a
new command. Nothing is done to HTTP_USER_AGENT before
this line...it's just reading it directly from the
environment.

Any help you may have is very much appreciated.

Thanks

ua=`echo "$HTTP_USER_AGENT" | sed "s#\;##g"`