Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Online Games Consoles and Security Implications

From: hellNbak <hellnbak () nmrc org>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:57:43 -0400 (EDT)

The XBox will run Linux.  :-)

The X-Box console is an embedded version of Win2K (I think) so if the IP
stack is the same, and depending on the patch version and what ports it
will advertise would all depend on wether or not they are hackable.

With the price of XBoxen so low now I have picked up a couple for the lab,
I was thinking of turning them into Linux based IDS and Firewalls but
perhaps we should look at one in default configuration first....

heh coming soon - NMRC-X-Firewall and NMRC-X-Snort.  :-)