Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: John Dow <jmd () dowcarter com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:03:38 +0100

Quoth Jordan Frank:

It's funny hearing the same people argue that web-bugs that track people's
browsing habits are huge invasions of privacy, while suggesting that we make
public lists of people who issue certain GET requests.

It's my understanding that whole point is that it's not *people* making
the GET requests, it's the infected systems.

I think you'd agree that an infected system should not be given the same
degree of privacy as a person.

John

--
John M Dow <jmd () dowcarter com>