Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Wireless Legality- Netstumbler and kin

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () ftb com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:55:11 -0600

In my opinion, Radar Detector devices have no legitimate usage; therefore,
they can be confiscated on sight.
On the other hand, a tool such as Kismet or Netstumbler can be used by a
qualified security analyst to perform risk testing on a wireless network.

But since I am not a lawyer, either, I may be full of crap.

-Jason