Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Ph.D Network/Internet/Web/App security

From: "Greg Rice" <grice () iastate edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:21:46 -0600

If your serious about getting a PhD in the network security field I
would recommend Purdue.  Their CERIAS program is well funded, well
established, and headed by Eugene Spafford.  They constantly put out
great papers.  Quite a few other midwest schools also have good security
programs as well.  For instance the Iowa State University ISSL Lab is
also well established in the community and well accredited with the NSA.

Quite a few other schools are beginning to build security programs as
well.  University of Idaho, Georgetown, and UC-Davis all have courses in
the field.

Good luck - greg