Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: nobody suid shell (kind of relationship with the ld-2.2.4 thread...)

From: c0n <defcon () hack co za>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:18:03 -0500 (CDT)

use the -P option

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Anibal Ambertin wrote:

    Hi you all.
    I've been playing with a linux system that we've for research and
gained shell access. I placed at /tmp a nobody suid shell (tcsh) with
permissions like "4777" (remember, just research :)). Well, thing is
when I try to execute it it says "Permission Denied", that's pretty strange
'cause as you can see, I do have execution access.
    I really can't see why...
    When this happened I thought in the ld-x.x.x behavior and tried it...
well, actually it worked right, but It DID NOT SUID ME!. If someone
has a tip or idea I'll take it :).

Thank you all.