Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: /lib/ld-2.2.4.so

From: Olaf Kirch <okir () caldera de>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:27:53 +0200

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 09:43:32AM +0300, Sabau Daniel wrote:
boxes and i've been succesfull, please if anyone know how to eliminate
this hole in my security give me a replay. If i try to change the mode on

You can't fix it. You can always do

        cp file-with-mode-444-perms ./foobar
        chmod +x foobar
        ./foobar

Unix file permission bits aren't really orthogonal, especially r and x.
Even though it may give some admins a deep feeling of satisfaction,
playing with the r and x bits accomplishes nothing in terms of security.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch        |  Anyone who has had to work with X.509 has probably
okir () caldera de   |  experienced what can best be described as