Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Seyon buffer overflow exploit.

From: teleh0r <teleh0r () DOGLOVER COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:05:10 +0100

Dear, Vuln-Dev

I am posting this here since I do not know if the attached buffer
overflow exploit will work on any distribution where seyon comes
as setgid/setuid by default.

Seyon which is a telecommunications package for the X Window System,
is not intended to run as setuid/setgid, however, I believe that it
does on some distributions. On the DLD Distribution and Turbolinux
Distribution I believe it runs as setgid - so if you have the ability
to try the attached exploit and report the results I would be truly
grateful.

While at it, why don't test the seyon binary against some old exploits,
written by Brock Tellier and BeastMaster V? - you will them both here:

http://209.143.242.119/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi?searchvalue=seyon
&type=archives

Sincerely yours,
teleh0r

--
To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
                -- Elbert Hubbard