Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Icq 2000 ads

From: Jonathan George <jonathan () LITE NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:15:29 -0600

        How beautiful.  Remember all those "spam" messages you used to get from
people claiming AOL/ICQ will shutdown your account if you don't forward that
message on?  By enabling the feature this way -- if this is correct -- they
are basically able to tell how many people are actively using ICQ2000.  But
then again, shouldn't they be able to tell when the client connects to the
central server?  Hmm...  interesting.

-Jonathan (extasy () lite net)