Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: All Advantage Spyware

From: MJK <mjk2k () HOTMAIL COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:55:27 -0400

Actually it is not in just those money making programs.  It is also in
common shareware and commercial application.  I have seen it in other
commercial applications.  It is usually embedded in programs.  You can
download an ad-aware program (Ad-aware v3.61) from the freeware section of
http://www.lavasoft.de/.  This program inspects your computer for this
spyware programs.  AD-aware includes the detection and removal of Web3000,
Gator, Cydoor, Radiate\Aureate, Flyswat, Conducent\TimeSink and CometCursor
(1.0 and 2.0).  A list of known spyware can be downloaded that same place.

--
MJK