Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

security scanning software for source code?

From: "Sanchez, Scott" <Scott.Sanchez () GS COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:54:29 -0400

Hello all,
Does anyone have any suggestions on products that will review application
code (visual basic/c++, java applets and servlets, cgi's, etc.) for security
weaknesses?
I would love an engine that I can just drop my java servlets (or weblogic
code, xml, perl, css, etc.) into and it would look for things like input
fields that have missing or inadequate validation, passwords stored in the
app, etc.  (I know, i'm asking for a lot).
Does anybody have thoughts or suggestions? We have decided that it is
impractical for us to write our own scanner at this point.
Thanks.
-Scott

The views and opinions herein are those of the author only and do
not necessarily reflect those of any other person or entity.