Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible DoS against inetd in Solaris

From: El Nahual <nahual () S0D SAL ITESM MX>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:30:20 -0900

Yeah I tried and don't work ... all I'm saying is that linux won't get
back up again ... that is the problem I see .... you don't need nmap just
a fork() bomb proggie ... ugh ....

Oh well I've ben told this is an old bug and nobody cares, if you want to
patch this please put in the inetd.conf a 400.SERVICE (I think) so you can
accept 400 hits without your linux inetd service dies

Anyway I am releasing the full workable proggie on s0d.org ... try it on
your servers and path the ones that don't work ...

El Nahual