Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible DoS against inetd in Solaris

From: El Nahual <nahual () S0D SAL ITESM MX>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:27:19 -0900

The problem I see at least on Linux is that the server NEVER gets up
... that's the problem, by default it dies on 40 tries in less than 1
minute (look Am3ntiA I actually took the time to read the faq before
issuing something stupid!) but my problem is that it does not come
back....

That is the rpoblem I see on linux ..

Tested on RH 5.2
Mandrake 7.0 5.3
RH 6.0
Slack 4.0 7.0

like I said I tried on solaris and it didn't work ....

El Nahual