Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: WSCRIPT.EXE , CSCRIPT.EXE replacement for *.vbs

From: kb8rln () PENGUINMASTER COM (Richard Rager)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 03:27:02 -0600

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Daniel S. Otis-Vigil wrote:

What's to stop a trojaner from just replacing wscript.exe and or cscript.exe
with their own copy that always authenticates?

   Remember that I said that all programs could be require to
authenticate!
Or the authentication program can contain the checksum in it.  I believe
that all email attachments should be require to be authenticated be for
running.  This will help protect the system.

  This include all those meaning of life exe and all scripts. This will
help stop trojan horse program from running.

 I hope this clear things up.

Enjoy,

Richard Rager