Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: spoofing the ethernet address

From: peak () ARGO TROJA MFF CUNI CZ (Pavel Kankovsky)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:01:32 +0100

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Ex Machina [xm] wrote:

What we've come up against here is a serious problem in our security
models. How do we confirm the authenticity of a network packet and not
leave ourselves vulnerable to resource consumption attacks?

We use an infrastructure that provides reliable and explicit information
about the peer's identity, such as a dedicated pair of wires to every peer
with the sufficient level of physical protection. :)

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."