Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: callbook in services ?

From: Roland () ERCA NL (Roland Kool)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:22:01 +0100

Hi,

Port 2000 is owned by CSATPXY.NLM which is loaded by default when you either
start NAMED.NLM or BorderManager. I have no idea what the exact function of this
NLM is, but it has something to do with auditing.
Anyway there is a DoS attack possible against this port. It's been posted lately on
BugTraq. Novell has issued a patch which can be retrieved at support.novell.com.
The attack is simple, just telnet to port 2000, hit enter a few times and watch your
server puke. Unload and reload the NLM to get things working.

Roland

Maurycy Prodeus <z33d () TENET PL> 03/04/00 08:06PM >>>
hi
I have a one question ... on novell box there is a opened port :) ( c00l
;P ) yep but it is very strange port 2000. In my services it is callbook .
:) pretty
What is callbook ? some kind of database ?
please help if you can

-= z33d =-