Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: spoofing the ethernet address

From: pauli_ojanpera () HOTMAIL COM (Pauli Ojanpera)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:31:38 CET

I'm not a expert in this field (in any way) but...

What do you think, would it be possible, feasible or just nice
to apply some kind of a public key authentification to the
hardware addresses so that the address would be the 'challenge'
I don't know if that is the right word even.

If you know what I mean or find this idea (new or not)
interesting, I would like to hear your opinions.
If this idea a completely stupid suggestion, I'd like
to receive the flames privately.

Hih hoh,
Pauli

... The views expressed in this mail are not my emploer's
... and not mine even. Hell knows who's views they are.