Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: IPSec research

From: mhudack () EUGENE KASHPUREFF ORG (Mike Hudack)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:09:24 -0500

In general, IPSEC seems to be the "be all end all" of encrypted network
traffic.  Unfortunately, there are difficulties.

My company's working on a product which was originally going to use IPSEC
- we ran across several problems, however.

IPSEC, although having been arround for a while, seems to be relatively
untested and has several flaws - authentication and handshaking seems to
be the biggest problem we came across, but not the only ones.

In general I feel better recommending other tunneling protocols, we moved
over to a modified SSH implementation.

Good luck,

Mike Hudack
Chief Scientist: Knowledge Propulsion Laboratory
203.838.7129
mhudack () kplab com