Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Virus Scan Notices in eMail

From: 11a () GMX NET (Bluefish)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:11:19 +0200

The double signs could have natural causes anyway, both receiver and
sender using the same software... And the social engineering factor is
also an important par - concider this:

  test.com always add the message to it's emails.
  hacker spoof message as someone () test com and sends it to test.com's
employers home adresses, or to it's customers.

The reciever sees the messages and conciders the attached .exe safe to
execute. I mean, if I were tired and hadn't had my morning coffee, I might
fall for it. And most users are far less experienced with secure computing
than me :)

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team