Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Another new worm??? (technical)

From: sigipp () WELLA COM BR (sigipp () WELLA COM BR)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:31:05 -0300

Hi,

"Love Letter", "Lover  Letter", "Love _ Letter", "Re:Love Letter",
"FWD: Love _Letter"

I remember once an article in the (german) c´t about fault-tolerant string
matching using triplets (groups of three characters) and groups of five
characters, resulting in a percentage of similarness. It worked really great and
might be an algoritm to catch these too.

I don´t have the article at hand, may be i left it in Germany when i moved to
Brasil, but if any (german) reader here has...

Greetings
Siegfried Gipp