Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: things to break..

From: galt () INCONNU ISU EDU (John Galt)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:57:59 -0700

Yeah, but it portscans every time you bring it up...I wonder if there's a
way to "mask" a scan from portscan or nmap to look like a napster scan?

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Matt Conover wrote:

Napster was actually written fairly well.  It will not send any file that
doesn't have any mp3 header information and it's been written by
security-conscious people (napster and nocarrier are in w00w00).