Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: how to transfer files on napster

From: whitvamp () MINDLESS COM (whitvamp () MINDLESS COM)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 16:37:32 -0500

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 10:20:35AM -0800, Blue Boar(BlueBoar () THIEVCO COM) wrote:
: Depends on whether you were trying to keep people solely from giving access
: to other files on accident, or if you were trying to keep people from
: trading other types of warez intentionally.

        Simply said, there is only so much to do.  I consider going to
extreme lengths to try and prevent the transfer of this or that is a
waste of time and resources.

        There are better ways to trade warez.  Any moron who wants to go
to such lengths to send ~680MBs of Quake3, um, so be it.  It escapes
logic.  Kind of like the way the Rio is no more a way to facilitate
piracy than a Zip disk is.

/* rant */

        I find that people are going out of their way to attack Napster,
which I do not exactly understand.  Napster is going out of their way to
provide a viable resource to the music community yet everybody is lining
up to find a way to dick them over.  Perhaps they just want to get their
hand in the pot, so to speak.  Given, the RIAA is ready to attack
anybody on a whim, as are these other organizations.  They are scared
that their days are numbered.  I hope to God that they are.  The record
labels have had their day, and it is about time that it ends.  The
digital revolution is at hand.

/* end rant */

        Excuse my rant, I may have gotten a bit off topic.

Regards,

--
 /  \    /  \   \ /   / WHiTe VaMPiRe\Rem

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>