Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: lpd exploit?

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () WINTERNET COM>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 16:41:13 -0600

If I recall, a few weeks back redhat and perhaps madrake and debian
released updates for cups as it was insecure.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Larry W. Cashdollar wrote:

Paranoia is good when it comes to computer security.  And just because you
have never seen it does not mean it does not exist.

The lpd daemon is notorious for being insecure.    A search on
securityfocus.com will show you a few older exploits for it.

I thought redhat 7.0 was using CUPS?