Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Overwriting ELF .dtors section to modify program execution

From: Iván Arce <core.lists.exploit-dev () CORE-SDI COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:17:56 -0300

this is probably a useless post but i cant help it, i feel
obliged to say that Gerardo Richarte has been
expounding this and other forms of exploiting buffer
overflows for months if not years in several lists and no
one seems to credit him.
maybe he will come out of his cave and compile all the
stuff he's been playing with WRT buffer overflows and
different ways to exploit them... richie??

-i

---

"Understanding. A cerebral secretion that enables one having it to know
 a house from a horse by the roof on the house,
 Its nature and laws have been exhaustively expounded by Locke,
 who rode a house, and Kant, who lived in a horse." - Ambrose Bierce

==================[ CORE Seguridad de la Informacion S.A. ]=========
Iván Arce
Presidente
PGP Fingerprint: C7A8 ED85 8D7B 9ADC 6836  B25D 207B E78E 2AD1 F65A
email   : iarce () core-sdi com
http://www.core-sdi.com
Florida 141 2do cuerpo Piso 7
C1005AAG Buenos Aires, Argentina.