Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Scanning Web Proxy -- Preliminary Concept

From: Ory Segal <ory.segal () SANCTUMINC COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:05:10 +0200

Hello Philip ,

After reading your preliminary concecpt , I thought my company should give it's
own added
value to this discussion. what you have described , to our luck -  already
exists , and it is called Appscan.
Appscan is a web application vulnerability scanner , and it is capabale of doing
most of the stuff
you mentioned in your preliminary concept and much much more.
Appscan's uniqueness is that it finds vulnerabilities that are site-specific ,
not like other web/CGI scanners
which only know how to deal with pre-known bugs. it scans the web site ,
processing the forms , scripts and
pages and finds each one it's own specific vulnerabilites.
it is fully automatic, with manual tampering capabilities , and has
comprehensive reporting features.

I would suggest that anyone (!) who is interested in such a scanner -- (And
judging by the number of vulnerabale
web applications , scripts and other web related products that apear every day
in Bugtraq , I would say
there should be many developers/administrator/auditors interested)  , go and
visit our site at :
http://www.sanctuminc.com

--

          Ory Segal