Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

connections to jump2.eudora.com

From: Peter Batenburg <petertje () DEEJAYS NL>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:15:08 +0200

Hello,

the otherday i was checking my mail with eudora 4.3.2 from qualcomm.. on my
freebsd firewall box, i was running trafshow, and i saw some http traffic
from my windows pc to jump2.eudora.com.. the only value thats on
http://jump2.eudora.com is: http://jump.eudora.com ..
netcraft came with: jump2.eudora.com is running Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
ApacheJServ/1.1 on Solaris
anybody that knows where eudora uses this connection for? sending
information of me to their servers? checking for updates?
i checked my eudora config, and i can find no settings that should allow it
to connect to that server..

Greetings,
Peter Batenburg