Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: local security workaround through IE

From: jason.brvenik () USDOJ GOV (Jason Brvenik)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:33:40 -0400

Wouldn't it be a lot easier just do download a copy of poledit and edit
the policy yourself?

Andrew Bennieston wrote:

Approved-By: BlueBoar () THIEVCO COM

Uh, Isn't it easier to boot into safe mode and remove the security that
way...??

Unless, of course the boot keys have been disabled. Even then you can
use a
DOS boot floppy.
Also - How can I get into Safe Mode if I have a boot floppy, and the
boot
keys have been disabled on a PC? Is it some parameter on win.com??