Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Using php to bounce scan

From: thiebaut.adsl () WANADOO FR (Thiebaut)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:08:03 +0200

Hi,

This is my first post so I'm not 100% sure it's the right place to do it
and if this is interesting enough to be posted, but still ...

The problem :

Nowadays few free-web-page hosting companies are providing an access to
publish your pages with PHP enabled. That's the problem ;-)

So why not use PHP for security purpose ?
Let's say you write a PHP network scanner and use it to scan a host.
Guess where would the source scan come from. The computer hosting the
script, and that is actually not you.

Chain proxies between you and the computer hosting the script and you'll
appear as the anonymous Php3 network scanning  guy.

So network scanning is fun (still don't dream about -sS with php), but
vulnerability scanning might also be fun. So I though to be a little
more complete a simple cgi scanner would also be interesting.
It's a very bad example of code optimisation  ;-)  but I thought the
idea was not so bad so...

You got both files there :
http://persoweb.francenet.fr/~tbilger/linux/

Don't hesitate to mail for comments.