Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Classes?

From: ian.vitek () INFOSEC SE (Vitek, Ian)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:42:10 +0100

Here in Sweden, Infosec have a two day course called ?In the Mind of a Hacker?.
Swedish web page: http://www.infosec.se/tjanster/utbildning.asp
It is the same technicians who make the penetration tests who hold the course.
Infosec have held these courses in English.

---------------------------------
Content

The participants will perform hacker attacks against firewalls, UNIX-computers,
Windows NT and Novell Netware-servers. Furthermore, we will visit hacker sites
and other forums on the Internet, to collect knowledge and tools for performing
attacks. We will also discuss how you can improve your IT-security to reduce the
risk of being subjected to sabotage of your company?s IT-environment. This will
include routines for auditing and identifying a hacker-attack and what tools can
be used.

Agenda (shortened):

* Internet and TCP/IP

* Hackers / Crackers Who are they?

* Threat and common vulnerabilities in Unix-, Novell-, Windows NT-networks.

* Hand on exercise: Hacking Unix.

* Vulnerabilities in firewalls.

* IP-spoofing.

* Security in switched networks.

* Hands on exercise: Hacking Windows NT.

* Hands on exercise: Hacking Novell Netware.

* Analyzing loggs.

* Signs in the operating system after hacker attacks.

* Client security

* Hands on exercise: Attacking classmates.

If you know how to penetrate your own network then you probable know how to
secure it.

//Ian Vitek, Infosec

For more information:
English course: Niklas Cederborg +46-8-6663234
Swedish course: Jonas Luthander +46-8-6663232