tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: openwrt Conclusions from CVE-2024-3094 (libxz disaster)

From: Bill Fenner <fenner () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 10:42:29 -0700

mcr suggested:
I wonder if we should nuke our own make tarball system.

The creation of a tarball and its signature gives a place to hang one's hat
about origin of code - "someone with the right key claims that this tarball
genuinely reflects what the project wants to distribute".  Is there a
similar mechanism for a git tag?

  Bill