tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Hardware Timestamping Problem

From: Christian Rupp <christian.rupp.stuttgart () freenet de>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 22:29:48 +0200

The Timestamp when tcpdump grabs the package off of the receiver is 36 seconds( +/- innaccuracy, here roughly +/- 5-10 µs) after the timestamp when tcpdump grabs the package of the sender. resulting in an alleged One Way Delay of 36 seconds which wouldn't make any sense in that scenario, given that the software timestamping option and the -j adapter option both result in a ~ 100-200µs one way delay